The months of August and September have brought many changes to Best Wishes Floral and we are happy to share the completion of our remodel project! We have been working hard to update and redesign our store to better serve our customers the unique home and floral design expertise we specialize in. The last three weeks have been especially hectic since we did nearly all of the remodeling ourselves, all while remaining open for business for all our usual work for events, weddings, funerals, birthdays and anniversaries. Here's a series of photos of the progress.
The first thing we decided to change was the ceiling, pulling down the tiles and painting it black, to add height to the space. Thankfully, painting the ceiling was the one part we hired experts to deal with, and we couldn't be happier with the result.
With the ceiling straightened out, next we took aim at the floor. This was an adventure to find the concrete under the carpet in the front, and the green linoleum in the back room.
Underneath the carpet is a layer of adhesive gluing the carpet to the concrete, which needed to be stripped.
We also decided to re-paint the walls to match our new shopping bags and business cards, a dark brown and complimenting olive tone.
The cooler before the new paint job.
The new brown on the molding above the cooler.
The tile torn out of the design room.
The scraper we rented to chip up the ceramic tile in front of the cooler.
We moved the shelving to the opposite wall, trading places with the card racks.
The bare concrete, stripped of adhesive and cleaned, ready for the acid stain.
Once treated with the acid stain and washed again several times, we did a coat of sealer to give our new bronze-earth toned floor a nice shine.
We found a perfect ceramic tile to match the floor for the base boarding.
The huge new counter, with the old on on a dolly ready to get rolled out!
And just one of the many things we did during this whole process- a beautiful fresh cut flower wreath for a funeral.